The following conferences were organized by Cultural Agents, Inc. and the Cultural Agents Initiative at Harvard University:
● 2019 (November) “When the Symbolic becomes really real (redux)” with Sam Durant and Prof. Nick Harris. Mahindra Humanities Center, Harvard University.
● 2019 (October) “ERRE: A conversation with Mexican artist Marcos Ramírez” with Doris Sommer. David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Committee on Immigration at Harvard and the Cultural Agents Initiative, Harvard University.
● 2019 (April) “Memories on/for a future reconciliation” with Doris Sommer, Renato Cisneros, José Carlos Agüero, Lurgio Gavilán, Alexandra Hibbett, and Alberto Vergara. David Rockefeller Center for Latin American Studies, Harvard University.
● 2019 (March) “Empathy and/or...: Ways of Caring.” On March 14 and 15, 2019, Cultural Agents Initiative in collaboration with Dr. Lisa Wong of HMS hosted the ‘Empathy and/or..:Ways of Caring’ Conference at Harvard University, , Cambridge, MA. In four panels- on Civic Culture, Health Care, Ethics, and Technology- 20 distinguished speakers and attendees from diverse fields across the world considered what they meant by empathy in their practice, differences between caring and knowing, along with corollary effects in security, medicine, politics, ethics, education, and the arts.
● 2018 (May) “When Symbolic becomes Really Real - A conversation between Sam Durant and Alvaro Santos.” Mahindra Humanities Center, Harvard University.
● 2017 (April) “Symbolic Reparations.” In conjunction with the Weatherhead Center for International Affairs and the Symbolic Reparation Research Project, Cambridge, MA. Speakers included: Ángela Pérez, Jennifer Schirmer, Lisa Laplante, Liliana Obregón, José G. Nugent, Cristina Lleras, Sergio Rojas, Julian Bonder, Peter Win, James E. Young, Doris Sommer, Benvenuto Chavajay, Juan Manuel Echavarría, Rafael Lozano-Hemmer, Tania Bruguera, Marco Abarca, Robin Greeley, Michael Orcwicz.